The Sports Innovation Institute leverages the power of students and faculty from across the university to attack today’s sports-industry problems with innovative solutions. We deliver return on your business objectives and value to your stakeholders.
A collaborative hub to combine resources, disciplines, and expertise areas to deliver specialized solutions.
Why Sports? Why Indianapolis?
Indianapolis has a rich history of attracting and hosting major sporting events. The region also plays home to many national sports organizations. Generally speaking, sports represents a multi-billion-dollar North American industry, and is a significant driving force behind Indiana's thriving economy.
$73.5 billion2019 North American sports economic impact
$3.4 billionCentral Indiana economic impact
The institute supports the investment of infrastructure, technology, and innovative products and services for the purpose of:
- increasing the quality and quantity of events hosted
- expanding the city’s capacity for more events
- growing and evolving our volunteer program
- solidifying existing relationships
- diversifying funding programs
- developing other sports-related businesses